Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 16 Oct 2023 16:06:34 GMT by
I have received 2 letters from HMRC, one for tax year 22-23 stating my overpaid tax will be paid to Tax Tree, and a further letter for year 19-20 which states overpayment cheque will be sent to me. What is Tax Tree and why would they send one cheque to them and one to me for the different tax years?
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 07:09:21 GMT by
I also received a notification of a tax refund on the 18th October, I called HMRC and asked how they were going to pay me as I didn’t know if they had my correct bank details and they said It was being sent by cheque to “tax tree” I never authorised this and when I asked them to find out when I authorised it, they said I signed a form on the 30th august, unfortunately for tax tree they signed it in my old name ( I changed my name by deed poll ages ago) so HMRC removed them as my “agent” and are in the process of cancelling the cheque This should have never been allowed to happen anyway if HMRC did their jobs properly, how someone can act on my behalf and sign it in someone else’s name is unbelievable . I hope you get it sorted as these people sound like scammers their website doesn’t even work. It’s a complete joke that HMRC are having so many complaints about this company and nothing is being done to stop them
Posted Thu, 26 Oct 2023 07:31:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Qazxsw Bell,

Tax Tree will be a 3rd party who have submitted a claim on your behalf.
If you contact HMRC we can check this for you. Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.