Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2024 18:02:43 GMT by Yash Soni
Hello, I used to work for this employer from June 2021 to March 2022. I joined another company from April 2022. This year (2024-25) my tax code was changed due to underpayment from financial year 2022-23. Upon checking my employment history, I found out the ex employer did not remove me from their payroll system until October 2023. Now HMRC thinks I had two jobs and owe them tax but I am only working for my current employer since April 2022. I tried explaining this to my ex-employer and they initially admitted their mistake and agreed to update their records but they have not done so and are now unreachable. I also contacted HMRC but they said my ex-employer will need to send them EYU and can’t help. I have no way to reach out to my ex-employer. Please help as I am overpaying tax and cannot afford to take a cut from my current salary. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 12:36:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 13
Hi Yash We are unable to answer queries relating to issues with personal records. If the previous employer has submitted an End of Year update it should show all of your pay and tax to the date you left. This would then be added to the income of your current employer till the end of the tax year. If you are disputing either salary figure or underpayment please contact HMRC Personal Taxes Helpline on 0300 200 3300. Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.