Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 29 Jun 2023 02:51:58 GMT by adelbibi
Hi, I noticed that the NI on my P60 form is incorrect. My employer said they can not issue a new P60 form and I will have to wait a year to get the new corrected P60 form. Currently the number of P60 does not match the one from HMRC (one digit difference). What can I do? Issue is that I need to submit my taxes (issue a UTR number), submit a mortgage application, etc among many other things. What do you advise?
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:39:19 GMT by Samantha Samuel
I would ask them to confirm that they have updated your P60 on the system and ask for a covering note confirming the error. You can then attach this to the incorrect P60 if you need it for a mortgage. Some payroll systems can't reprint P60s with updated information.
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 18:17:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi adelbibi,

If you contact our Income Tax department we can check if the employment is shown on your record.
If it is you don't need to take any further action.
You can print off an Employment History letter for the year if it is shown on your record. Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.