Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 09:33:32 GMT by
I'm leaving UK in May this year probably not coming back in anytime. My last working day is confirmed to be 6th May 2024. For the tax year 2024/2025, can I tell HMRC to change my tax code because my annual income in 2024/2025 would not exceed the person allowance? And how do I receive the payment from HMRC. I think HMRC usually sends cheque for refund. Do they also do bank transfer?
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 10:47:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Siu Tung Lam,
If you are leaving the UK then you would complete a form P85 to claim any repayment due.
On the form you can request repayment into a UK bank account.
You can complete the form online at:
Get your Income Tax right if you're leaving the UK (P85)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.