Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 13:56:37 GMT by
Hi, I am thinking about becoming self-employed and I have been researching how it's done (the taxes etc.). I have some questions about hiring someone (a freelancer or a permanent assistant) if needed. 1. Can I hire someone from abroad as a remote worker, without their coming to the UK? What would I need to do, how would I file that, what is the general process, how would I pay them? If they are a freelancer, I understand that I just pay an invoice and that's it, but what if I want them to work for me permanently or over a longer period of time? 2. Would the salaries for these employees qualify as allowable expenses? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 11:25:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Violetta Makeeva,
We would need more information regarding this can you contact us on 0300 200 3200 to discuss further.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.