Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 09:29:20 GMT by katie12345
I have taken over a payroll in month 12 of 23/24 tax year, everything has been processed as i can see correctly, the P32 matches my reports including the SMP amount. When i go onto the HMRC Portal is showing 8k+ in statutory maternity EPS as a charge. I have no idea what this 8k figure is for and why it is a charge? There should be around £700 for that month as a deduction. This shows on P32 and the EPS sent to HMRC. Never seen this before and impossible to try and speak to anyone at HMRC,
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:34:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,

Unfortunately without looking at your account we wouldnt be able to advise.

It may be that you have claims advanced funding but the EPS hasnt been received correctly  resulting in the advanced
funding credit becoming a charge if it isnt used by the end of the pay period.

I understand you are having difficulties speaking to us.

You could contact us via webchat on https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/employer-enquiries and selecting ask HMRC online  . 

Thank you .
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:47:17 GMT by katie12345
Hi, There is no and has been no advance funding. There is no one available on the chat when i have tried previously.
Posted Tue, 07 May 2024 11:14:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
You would need to check the year to date figure for SMP has beed submitted on month 12 EPS, if month 12 has beed subitted with that months claim then you will need to resubmit as EPS with the year to date SMP figure.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.