Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 11:46:08 GMT by Caraxx
I currently pay our PAYE liability by setting up a single payment each month. I use HMRC basic tools. I just read in the HMRC employer bulletin that it's possible to set up a variable direct debit so that HMRC automatically take the payment due as per the FPS. Although I have also found reference to this whilst logged into our HMRC account, I can't find out how to set this up as the system keeps taking me round and round in circles. Can anyone help with a direct link or instructions please? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 13:26:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can see guidance here:

Pay employers' PAYE

You can set up the Direct Debit through your online account.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:07:42 GMT by Caraxx
I have already read all the guidance and noted that it said that the DD can be set up through the online account but when I try to do this I just keep getting sent around in circles (as I mentioned in my post). If I try to set up a new DD, it only gives the option to set up a single payment (as if paying for a particular month). How do I set up the variable (automatic) DD?
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:22:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 2

Please contact the employers team and we can help you set this up.

Employers: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:26:09 GMT by Caraxx
I really don't want to have to phone anyone. Making phone calls to try to do any business is very stressful for me and holding on in a queue is expensive in time and phone call cost. Why can't someone just explain on this forum? The answer would then also be here for someone else to see if they need to know.
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 13:41:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi ,
As you have stated that the guidance isnt assisting you, it suggests there may be a more complex issue preventing you from setting this up.

This would require us to investigate your account specifically, something we cannot do on the forum.

If you do not wish to phone you may be able to use our webchat function which will allow you to speak to an adviser online.

You can access this by visiting .

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.