Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Feb 2024 05:57:59 GMT by KEVIN WASS
An email advises me of a code change to my PAYE because of tax allegedly owed. I paid this tax amount by cheque some months ago. Why am I being charge twice? How can we resolve this before the new code is activated?
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 13:04:27 GMT by Geek
You would be best to call HMRC on 0300 2003300 as they won't answer personal queries on here. Hope this helps
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 07:02:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
To confirm this, and allocate your payment, we would need to access your record.
Please contact us by webchat or phone here:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Sun, 03 Mar 2024 15:16:34 GMT by KEVIN WASS
I have written a letter disclosing full details, demanding a refund settlement or readjustment of my tax code. Hopefully this won't drag out like other transactions with HMRC.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.