Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 14:26:37 GMT by Robert Jones
Hi If an individual has received a PAYE refund and this is not included in the self assessment can you advise if HMRC would put through the amendment, request us to refile or issue the client the refund less the refund they have already received? Some individuals don't realise that they have received a refund as this is sometimes off set against under payments. Thank you
Posted Wed, 08 May 2024 15:24:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Robert Jones,
If a PAYE refund is issued and you then complete a Self Assessment tax return there is a section were you can enter the details of the repayment already received and then taken into account in the calculation. If not entered when the Self Assessment is filed it can be amended to include. 
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 14:54:43 GMT by Robert Jones
Hi Thank you for your reply. Would HMRC amend this once the return is filed? Thank you
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 13:36:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

The amendment would not automatically be made when your tax return is processed. If you realise that you have omitted the repayment already received then you can amend the tax return online.

If you need to change your return

Or you can contact our Self Assessment team to review.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.