Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Jun 2023 15:17:17 GMT by L Zhang
Hi, We received HMRC notices to say two of the employees are not liable for postgraduate loan deduction. (the employees ticked the box in their starter check form.) But our payroll software won't be able to deal with the refund. Should we still refund the employees ? If so, how do we get the refund from HMRC? Thanks Regards
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 14:17:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi L Zhang,

You need to
- repay any overpayment of postgraduate loan deductions to your employee
- restore the database (sometimes called 'rolling back the software') to correct their year to date figures on their next FPS
- change the student loan/postgraduate loan indicator to 'No' on the employee's payroll record
- if you need help restoring the database you need to ask your payroll software provider for help
- to change their next payment to us, if they have paid the wrong amount

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.