Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:02:58 GMT by
Hi, I have a question regarding the P11D form (Private Medical Insurance) provided by my employer. I have got the P11D form provided by my employer in June 2023 (my Tax Code is 1257L). My employer told me that "there is NO any action from the employees for the P11D form. The form is just for the reference. For the medical benefit amount, my employer has already submitted the P11D form (HMRC)." However, when I fill in the Self-Assessment online form for year 22-23. There is a session to ask, "Have you received any taxable benefits and expense payments form my employer". If I click "YES", i need to fill in the amount for Private Medical Insurance, then it will calculate and need to pay the tax for that Private Medical Insurance. Now I am confusing... - should I click "YES" or "No"? - if "YES, then I need to pay tax for the Private Medical Insurance, which my employer told me I don't need to pay and do anything on it. - if click "No", but indeed I have received the benefits for Private Medical Insurance. Please advise, what should I do, and how to ask my employer to provide any information to proof that I don't need to pay the benefit tax or not? Many Thanks
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 15:41:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If you have received a P11D advising of private medical benefit then you would need to declare this on your Self Assessment tax return. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.