Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 18:09:07 GMT by
I've recently started a new job, so I now have two positions. I've noticed that both jobs share the same tax code. My plan is to designate the new job as my primary employment and the previous one as my secondary job. To address this, I've submitted the missing employee form to reinstate the previous job on my online HMRC account, even though it's currently marked as ended. I've also received payment for two weeks under this assumption. Could you please confirm if these steps are correct, and if not, what should I do next? Additionally, how can I rectify the overpayment for the two weeks?
Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 10:06:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi joseph,

You would need to contact HMRC to review your employment record and codes.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.