Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 11:38:37 GMT by bpkelly
My previous employer has issued a P45 with incorrect totals. They put my year to date total as my total for the period I worked for them and it is double what it should be. I have informed them the totals are wrong and spoken to HMRC who told me to get them to reissue a new P45 but they are refusing. The totals are clearly wrong on the HMRC gateway and I need them updating or I owe a lot of tax. What do I do?
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:29:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your employer.
Please advise them that we would request of them that they call the Employers Helpline on 0300 200 3200, as soon as possible, to resolve this issue for you.
If they continue to refuse, write to us at
Pay As You Earn,
BX9 1BX,
giving a detailed account of the issue and the figures involved, and we will investigate this further.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.