Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2023 19:47:28 GMT by
Asking on behalf of my client while I am waiting to be added to the Agent forum. My client and his partner have this month hired a nanny to look after the baby as mum is going back to work. They have a childcare service account set up (which I currently can't access - hopefully just a website glitch), and PAYE ref and AO ref has been received (had to phone HMRC Employer helpline to request it) . When I try and create a GG account and link it to the PAYE account, it asks me for the UTR number. It isn't a business, but it also not a personal tax account - please help!
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 08:23:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
This is the route the customer should follow , it will not ask for a UTR .
What do you want to add > Employers or intermediaries, for example PAYE for employers or CIS 
Which employer tax or scheme do you need? > PAYE for employers
Do you have an employer PAYE reference?  > Yes
Request access to PAYE for Employers > enter PAYE ref number and the Accounts Office ref number 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.