Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Dec 2023 11:51:26 GMT by
I have relocated to UK recently, I still working remotely for my employer in HK. My company have presence in both HK and UK as a multiple country company. But my employment is solely under HK company and have no connection to UK company. Can I pay NI by DPNI scheme on my own? Any information / action will be required from my HK company, or the UK company? Thanks!
Posted Thu, 04 Jan 2024 15:59:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi CChoi,
Please contact us on 0300 200 3200,
You would need to establish if the fact the employer has UK presence, if it does then you would just be put on the payroll on that complany.
Thank you.
Posted Mon, 19 Feb 2024 09:56:07 GMT by Grace Lam
Im interest to know the process and how/what require from UK presence given the employment contract is signed with HK entity/company? Can anyone share more please?
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 09:41:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Grace Lam,
You can contact the Employers Helpline on 0300 200 3200 and they can take information from you to set up a DP scheme.
Basically if the employer doesnt have UK presence but the employee does then you can set up a Direct Payment scheme.
The overseas employer will then pay you gross and you would run a payroll and deduct the tax and National Insurance and pay it over to HMRC.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.