Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 12:56:20 GMT by
HI, Urgently looking for help trying to resolve. HMRC believes an employee has an end date of 31/03/2023 but they never left. The employee has never been flagged as a leaver, the employee has been included within all RTI submissions this year and can be seen in the file, however HMRC does not see the values of this employee. We spoke to Employers helpline, who said that the employee would need to speak to the employees helpline to amend, and they should see the rti submissions but would simply not be allocated to their account and they should be able to remove the end date. So have spent almost 2 hours on the phone with EE & ER helpline ,the relevant employee, myself the company FD and our payroll processor trying to explain the situation. The "EE" helpline said they couldn't change it and transferred us over to the Employer who would have to help us, they then said that it would have to be someone in employee but could dispute the employer charge (this doesnt not solve the issue for the employee), after being transferred back to the "EE" helpline who said they couldnt remove the end date. Suggestions for our payroll to remove it is not an option, as the employee never left so we cant "reinstate" him as he is already on it. The solution i imagine is that we need escalation to a technician who can look into the RTI submissions to resolve this, please can anyone help? As this has been happening since April and is impacting the employee.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 06:54:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Please call the Employer Helpline on 0300 200 3200 to discuss further.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 16:43:25 GMT by
But we have done so already which I explained in the post, they couldn't suggest anything, is there anything I should say that can get this escalated? Otherwise we just hit a brickwall as the person on the phone doesn't have access/ability to make changes
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 12:48:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Your employee will need to contact Personal Tax on 0300 200 3300 to discuss updating their personal record.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 Jan 2024 09:01:58 GMT by
Was this an isolated incident with just one employee? We've got the same, but it is affecting more people and HMRC are not providing us with any information. We've contacted them a number of times, both on the Employers and Employee Helpline, and also contacted our CCM, but still no closer to a resolution. No-one is able to advise us on how many people they are showing as missing, so feel like we're going round in circles. Have you got any further with this?
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 16:18:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi AlisonCollins2108,
Please contact us on 0300 200 3200 to discuss your case in more detail as we are unable to access your records to investigate on this forum.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.