Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 06:55:39 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
INFO Understanding the differences between these two documents is essential: • Certificate of Residence (CoR): Issued for claiming tax reliefs under a DTA. It requires detailed information about the type of income, the period of claim, and confirmation that the individual is the beneficial owner of the income. The CoR is more complex and specific to DTA claims. • Letter of Confirmation: Used for general confirmation of UK residency. It does not require the detailed checks needed for a CoR and is issued for purposes other than DTA claims, such as confirming residency status for foreign tax authorities or other legal requirements.
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 07:52:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Einar Arne LOMAHAUG,
The wording cannot be tailored.
You will either be issued with a certificate if you have foreign income, or a letter of confirmation if you do not.
Thank you, 
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:02:04 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Hi HMRC Admin My Letter of Confirmation of Residence had NO reference to tax treaty -
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:56:17 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Hi HMRC Admin 25 The wording cannot be tailored on a Letter confirmation of Residence ??? - Why do the text say. The wording in the main body of the letters above can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of the customer but the Officer must check that any statements they do make are, to the best of their knowledge,
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 09:58:26 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Hi HMRC Admin 25 and why say the same text ), any request to amend the form of words as above should however be referred to CSTD Business, Assets & International Base Protection Policy team.
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 10:08:36 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Hi HMRC Admin 25 - What does this men ??? To help ensure consistency (particularly with regards to issuing letters for the purpose of claiming benefits under certain EU Directives and domestic laws), ), any request to amend the form of words as above should however be referred to CSTD Business, Assets & International Base Protection Policy team.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 09:02:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
That is for policy to determine and cannot be answered on this forum.
Posted Thu, 01 Aug 2024 08:00:36 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
How can I legally link a UK HMRC granted NT tax code to UK HMRC tax agreement / DTA
Posted Fri, 02 Aug 2024 14:01:59 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
HMRC International manual – Double Taxation Relief Manual DT14513 - Norway: relief from Norwegian tax - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 12:12:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
The NT code is what is issued to UK income upon receipt of the DTA claim where applicable. a certificate of residence does not issue a tax code.
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 13:59:41 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
DT14514 - Norway: dual resident - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) Where a Norwegian resident moves to the United Kingdom and becomes United Kingdom tax resident it is likely that under Norwegian domestic law they will remain tax resident in Norway. Any claim by such a dual resident that they should be treated under Article 4 as solely resident in the United Kingdom will be for the individual to make to the Norwegian authorities. What means: will be for the individual to make to the Norwegian authorities.
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 14:04:12 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
I know The NT code is what is issued to UK income upon receipt of the DTA claim where applicable But who can I ask in the UK HMRC system to confirm this to Norway tax
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 14:17:18 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
HS304 Non-residents — relief under double taxation agreements (2024) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) You may be able to claim part or full relief from UK tax on your UK income if you’re a non-resident and the country you live in has a double taxation agreement with the UK. Query: How do I ask UK HMRC to confirm - NT Tax code is given Einar Arne Lomahaug because he is a non-resident and the country you live in has a double taxation agreement with the UK.
Posted Mon, 05 Aug 2024 15:07:59 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
All I need is a formal confirmation from UK HMRC that the assigned tax code NT is based on the tax treaty yes I got NT tax code based on application iaw DTA UK -Norway
Posted Wed, 07 Aug 2024 15:52:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
You would need to let the authorities in the other country know that you are classing yourself as resident elswehere.
Your copy of the code is what you can give to the Norwegian tax authorities.
If a formal double taxation claim has been received and NT code issued, you will have a copy that you can then give to the appropriate foreign tax authority if needed. The HS304 is not a formal application for a change in code.
Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 09:45:32 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Hi Admin 10 From UK HMRC YES . I have a formal double taxation claim (P 85 ) and has been received and NT code issued, Who in UK . HMRC system can I ask to confirm A NT (no tax) code is granted to individuals who receive UK-sourced income and reside in a country that has a double taxation agreement with the UK.
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2024 15:36:57 GMT by Einar Arne LOMAHAUG
Formal double taxation claim has been received and NT code issued, i need a copy that I can then give to the appropriate foreign tax authority
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 13:36:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi Einar Arne LOMAHAUG

You would write to
HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment
BX9 1AS
to have a letter issued or telephone 0300 200 3300

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.