Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 19:31:27 GMT by
Hi, I'm wondering if it's possible to contact HMRC via email? The reason is that my estimated tax has been calculated incorrectly and the figure they're saying is my estimated tax, doesn't even match up with the calculation in the detailed tax estimate (when I total all of the amounts!) They're saying that they estimate I won't have paid enough tax by the end of the tax year, but by my calculations I will have done! Upshot is they've decreased my tax code (meaning I'll pay more tax!!) when I'm not convinced I owe what they say I do, and I'll end up paying too much! To my mind this is ridiculous! They even had my estimated income wrong (which I've amended) but now they're saying I'll owe more! I'm absolutely furious, but am at work during their opening hours, and the only other option is to write which will take forever and a day to reach them and get a response. I'm seriously unimpressed and wish there was some way to complain! I WANT TO SEND AN EMAIL, how blooming difficult is it!!
Posted Fri, 10 Nov 2023 09:45:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi JMoell,
I am sorry but there is not an option to submit an email to HMRC.
If the estimated income being used for your tax code is incorrect then you can update the details on your Personal tax account: sign in or set up online which would then update your code.
The other option is to contact HMRC to review. Income Tax: general enquiries.
To submit a complaint online you need to go to Complain about HMRC. Select complain online if you're an individual or a business.
Log in using the relevant HMRC online services account or 'Create sign in details' to create a new account.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.