Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 16:18:52 GMT by
Hello, I appear to have oversubscribed my ISA allowance for this tax year. I pay regularly into a Stocks and Share ISA (with monthly payments of £200). I have however invested all my allowance for this year in a cash ISA (16k) and Lifetime ISA account (4k). I have since cancelled regular payments to my Stocks and Share ISA account. Is there anything else that I need to do please. Am I able to withdraw the payments for the three months from my Stock and Share ISA just so I dont go over the ISA limit for this year please. Thank you for your help. Punit
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 13:48:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

HMRC will contact you in due course to advise of any action required by you or intended to be taken by them.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 08:38:59 GMT by Michael647
Good morning, My provider now offers an option to move money from previous tax years from my stocks and shares ISA into a cash ISA. I opened the cash ISA in their system as designed with £1 which would then allow me to move the money from the Stocks and shares ISA. I have since had a thought that as I already have subscribed to the full cash isa amount this tax year with another provider I have possibly oversubscribed by £1. This only just happened yesterday and the cash isa is sitting in my account with just the £1 in it. ( I need the cash isa open to move money out of my stocks and shares(previous years ISA's) and into cash so as to consolidate for old age/retirement as i am 66 in October) Could I perhaps leave it as is and declare the £1 as savings and subject to possible taxation ? or As it only happened yesterday, reverse the procedure and take the £1 out ? (This would mean the cash isa is not complete therefore I cannot move money into it according to my provider which would mean i cannot do any consolidation until next April's new ISA allowance) Please could you advise on the best course of action. Many thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 13:22:59 GMT by Michael647
Dear Sir/madam, Regarding my post from a few days ago I have now today received confirmation advice from my provider that the £1 over subscription can be withdrawn as long as HMRC are aware that it was opened in error and it will be subject to taxation for the very small/negligible amount of interest accrued over the 5 days (4/7/2024-9/7/2024 @ 3.3%). The cash ISA will remain open but will be funded with money from previous years ISA's once they adjust their system to allow for this to be carried out. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.