Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Query on ISA subscription

Dear Sir/madam, Regarding my post from a few days ago I have now today received confirmation advice from my provider that the £1 over subscription can be withdrawn as long as HMRC are aware that it was opened in error and it will be subject to taxation for the very small/negligible amount of interest accrued over the 5 days (4/7/2024-9/7/2024 @ 3.3%). The cash ISA will remain open but will be funded with money from previous years ISA's once they adjust their system to allow for this to be carried out. 
  • RE: Exceeding ISA Allowance

Good morning, My provider now offers an option to move money from previous tax years from my stocks and shares ISA into a cash ISA. I opened the cash ISA in their system as designed with £1 which would then allow me to move the money from the Stocks and shares ISA. I have since had a thought that as I already have subscribed to the full cash isa amount this tax year with another provider I have possibly oversubscribed by £1. This only just happened yesterday and the cash isa is sitting in my account with just the £1 in it. ( I need the cash isa open to move money out of my stocks and shares(previous years ISA's) and into cash so as to consolidate for old age/retirement as i am 66 in October) Could I perhaps leave it as is and declare the £1 as savings and subject to possible taxation ? or As it only happened yesterday, reverse the procedure and take the £1 out ? (This would mean the cash isa is not complete therefore I cannot move money into it according to my provider which would mean i cannot do any consolidation until next April's new ISA allowance) Please could you advise on the best course of action. Many thanks in advance.
  • RE: Query on ISA subscription

Good morning, My provider now offers an option to move money from previous tax years from my stocks and shares ISA into a cash ISA. I opened the cash ISA in their system as designed with £1 which would then allow me to move the money from the Stocks and shares ISA. I have since had a thought that as I already have subscribed to the full cash isa amount this tax year with another provider I have possibly oversubscribed by £1. This only just happened yesterday and the cash isa is sitting in my account with just the £1 in it. ( I need the cash isa open to move money out of my stocks and shares(previous years ISA's) and into cash so as to consolidate for old age/retirement as i am 66 in October) Could I perhaps leave it as is and declare the £1 as savings and subject to possible taxation ? or As it only happened yesterday, reverse the procedure and take the £1 out ? (This would mean the cash isa is not complete therefore I cannot move money into it according to my provider which would mean i cannot do any consolidation until next April's new ISA allowance) Please could you advise on the best course of action. Many thanks in advance.