Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 16:15:53 GMT by
Hello, I cant access my HMRC account using my passport as it seems not recognise me, however that was the document that I used to register myself previouly. I am abroad and need to access my account, How can I do it online please? Is there a way to sort that out online instead of ringing it? I am not a British Citzen and hold Europen Passport + Pre-settle register. I am pretty sure that I have tax refund owed. The other thing is that the cheque has been probably sent and I cant cash it as I am abroad, how do I request to cancel it and the money owed to be transferred to my British Bank Account?
Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 11:53:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi LZ,

If you are unable to access the account you will need to go through the verification proces again.
Regarding the cheque you would need to call our helpline or write to us.Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 13:05:52 GMT by
Thanks Admin for the reply. 1- That is the problem, when I go through the verification process it doesnt match my passport with my personal details registered with HMRC. 2- How can I write to you please? What is the email address? The link you have left doesnt say the email address and it says it does not offer a webchat service for PAYE enquiries. I cant call HMRC as I am abroad and it is not practicable. 3- If I do not cash the cheque or do not get the refund by other ways, how long can I leave my refund with HMRC until I lose it, if it does happen?
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 11:32:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

For issues with the online verifcation The only way to contact them is by using the 'get help with this page' or similar link on the page when you are advised the information is incorrect. With regard to the refund you would write to the address shown here.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.