Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 13:51:56 GMT by Ian Afford
I am looking to retire next year and my income will come from 2 workplace pensions and interest payments from savings. The total amount of my income will be less than my personal allowance so it would be really helpful if I could get the 2 pensions paid tax-free each month. Can I request for my pension payments to be paid tax-free (I currently pay tax on them as I am still in work) or will they still be taxed so I will have to claim the tax back in the next tax year? Any advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Wed, 04 Oct 2023 11:01:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Ian Afford,

Once you retire and your only income is your pension income we can review your tax code to split your tax free allowance against the pension income.
If you contact HMRC once you retire we can review your tax code.
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.