Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2024 20:11:11 GMT by JG8127
Hi team, I wasn't a resident for the previous tax year and worked full time abroad. I have been a UK tax payer in 4 out of the 5 years before. I will be moving back to the UK in September during this tax year. I would like to transfer all the income I earned to my UK bank account when I move back (all money was earned from employment income). Is this taxable? Is any employment income earned between April and September in the foreign country taxable in the UK? Thank you
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2024 13:45:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
Any foreign income arising in tax years that you were not UK tax resident, will not be taxable if brought into the UK.  
Any foreign income arising in tax years you were UK tax resident, is taxable in the UK.  
If you have already paid that tax, there will be no further tax implications on bringing the capital into the UK.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2024 21:31:29 GMT by Questions
Hi, I am currently residing in foreign country which is a tax free country. When I move back to the UK, I would like to know if I transfer my income to my uk bank account, would I need to pay tax on the employment income I have earnt abroad?
Posted Thu, 05 Sep 2024 08:26:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Questions,
Tax is not due on the the capital, but any interest or dividends that this then generates needs to be reported. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.