Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 08:17:51 GMT by Jonny Rico
Payments made to clear a previous tax underpayment are not reflected in the balance which remains at steady at the original amount owed. The guidance says that if any payment is not reflected after 10 days HMRC should be contacted. It also says that no phone contact with HMRC is required (thank goodness!) as all issues can be resolved in the Personal Tax portal. It then fails to indicate how this can be done. So, how do I contact HMRC about payments not reflecyed in my balance as they have requested I do?
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2024 15:39:16 GMT by Jonny Rico
Solved. I had to go to a separate 'Ask HMRC online' web page, which I was unaware of and had not used before. Puzzling that there does not appear to be a direct link to this service from the Personal Tax page or any reference to it even though they ask you to let them know if there is a problem with your payments. Great service on the chatline though - recommended! Problem sorted.
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 10:50:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Jonathan Rich

I'm sorry to hear that the payments you've made don't seem to be present on your Self Assessment statement.
We may need specific details to review your record and allocate these payments - contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries to allow us to update your statement correctly.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.