Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 09:00:48 GMT by
Hi there, new to this forum. Having been on emergency tax for a total of nine months last tax year due to taxation/BiK errors, I am due a rebate - no doubt about that, However, I am still yet to recieve its official calculation online, as well as a P800 through the post. Contacting HMRC via phone is not possible, due to hold-times (understandable), and the online "help pages" get me nowhere but instead send me round in circles as I havent recieved the holy P800 for me to access anything online. I have recently moved address so unsure as to whether it has got "lost in the post" (I've checked old address numerous times and updated my address on PAYE forthwith) or simply just a long wait time. Could I be advised ANY FORM OF HELP for this? Its highly frustrating knowing I'm owed above 2k and recieved nothing back yet. Thanks
Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 13:15:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

HMRC start to do the end of year calculations from the end of June, not all of the calculations are done at the same time. You will need to contact us again if you want the calculation to be done now.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 10 Oct 2023 10:31:08 GMT by
Hello, I’m starting to get a little concerned now as we are mid way through October and still my tax for 2022-2023 has not been calculated for some reason. I am wondering if there is something I need to do or if something has been missed. Can anyone please enlighten me?
Posted Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:24:50 GMT by MadalinaR
My tax have not been calculated, and is October. Whats happening?
Posted Sat, 14 Oct 2023 10:48:19 GMT by
Hello, After firstly messaging a member of staff at HMRC and getting a prompt and very helpful reply from them. I contacted HMRC via telephone and again spoke with a very helpful member of staff whom after I told him that my income tax for 2022- 2023 was showing as not yet calculated, immediately ran the calculation and informed me that I would be receiving my tax rebate that I had been waiting for over 18 months. My previous attempts to claim this was meet with all sorted people f excuses from the people I spoke to! All I can say is my faith in people doing their jobs and being helpful and polite whilst dealing with queries has been restored.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 14:55:29 GMT by
Good that you got a result did you contact via the main telephone number? I am waiting for mine
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:03:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Nearlyaddit,
You would need to conact HMRC to check why the 2022/23 tax year not yet reviewed.
We are unable to look at your personal tax records on this Forum. 
 Contact HMRC
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 11:05:35 GMT by
Hi kim, Yes I contacted them via the main phone number. It was quite a wait in a que (over 1hr) But very much worth it to get the matter resolved finally. Just annoying that I had to wait so long to get to the right person to help me and I never got any interest for the time they owed me quite a large sum.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:27:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi MadalinaR
You would need to contact HMRC to review. Contact HMRC
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 10:42:41 GMT by
Hi, I can see Admins at HMRC have posted numerous times indicating the notion to "contactHMRC". So, I have. On numerous days. Phoning repeatedly and sitting through easily 20 minutes plus of automated messages (most of which tell me to go online ect.) for it to ultimately end in the line being terminated before getting through to another human being. Brilliant customer service! I resorted to sending a letter directly to the Tax office to which I've also heard nothing. This begs the question -- how am I, or anyone else for that matter, supposed to "contact HMRC to review" when every method is met with radio silence?
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:24:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Scott Johnson,

I am sorry you were unable to get through on the helpline.
The phone lines are busy but if unable to get through on the phone then there is the option to webchat or by post.
Details of how to contact HMRC can be found at Contact HMRC.
As you have submitted a letter this will be replied to. 

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 17:58:47 GMT by
Hello HMRC Admins, My tax account is showing that "income tax has not been calculated yet for 22-23" and as per self-assessment questionnire checklist, I am no longer required to file income tax return for 22-23. However, my company has already issued both P60 and P11D for last financial year. So, in this circumstances, do I need to file tax return for 22-23 and how ? It should not end-up with a penalty from HMRC for not filing income tax by 31st January 2024. Please suggest. Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 10:57:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You can see guidance here:

Self Assessment tax returns

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.