Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Sep 2023 02:19:54 GMT by AMJ MAC
If I earn income while living in Canada that is then clawed back by my Canadian employer after I have become a tax resident of the UK, can I claim that clawback for a tax refund / relief in the UK against UK earned income in the year that the negative earnings (clawback) took place? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 10:14:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No, you would need to contact the Canadian authorities.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 15:59:28 GMT by AMJ MAC
Thanks for the reply! Would I then declare net foreign income I have on the foreign pages, and if the net amount is a negative amount (because of the clawback) just put zero rather than a negative amount?
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 11:14:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 20


Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.