Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 14:43:54 GMT by nj65
I have an overseas tax free Pension Scheme which will payout on my forthcoming retirement. I am returning to the UK and the lump sum payment will be made to my UK account. Do i need to declare this lump sum or take any other actions regarding tax? I am classified as a UK resident. Thanks.
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 14:19:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi nj65,
As UK resident you liable to tax on your worldwide income and will need to declare this income:
Tax on foreign income
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.