Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 08:32:07 GMT by robs_000 taylor
It’s been over 3 weeks since I was sent my letter regarding how much i was owed, told it would take 2 weeks to receive the cheque and it’s now nearly been a month and I’ve had nothing. Tried going online and was told to call the helpline but still got no answers. Am I able to just claim online or is it just a matter or waiting?
Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 21:51:26 GMT by Charlotte Boyes
I was told the same but they said a cheque has been sent to Haytch accountants? Did your letter say that? Last time I got a bank transfer.
Posted Thu, 06 Jul 2023 06:15:00 GMT by robs_000 taylor
My letter said a cheque would be sent to tax returned limited and i’d receive it 14 days after the issue date of my first letter which was almost a month ago? I’ve contacted tax return lmtd so i suppose i’ll just see what they say.
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:08:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi robs_000 taylor

You can check through your online account if you can claim it online, if not you will need to contact our helpline again Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 15:39:44 GMT by
I received a letter from HMRC and it was mentioned that the cheque will be sent to Haytch accounts .But still I didn't receive a cheque from them.I received the letter 1st week of June.Could you please help me to have my cheque. Thank you .
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 10:46:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Darshani1991 Kalpage,
If you contact our helpline we can look into this for you:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you, 
Posted Wed, 30 Aug 2023 18:37:02 GMT by Carolk71
My son has today received a text from a company called tax returned limited saying he owes them £250 approx for them securing a tax rebate for him. From what I understand he received a P800 telling him to register for a government gateway account to claim his refund. He did this and duly received his refund. He is unaware that he has registered to an agency to obtain the refund on his behalf. Does anyone know how this may have happened? If the claim from Tax Returned Ltd is legitimate and must be paid how he can remove them from his tax record to ensure this never happens again. He is not telephone confident and out at work all day so I have been tasked with fixing this. Will I be able to contact the HMRC on his behalf? Can this be done via email or in writing and does he need to settle the outstanding invoice at this time which he csnnot afford to do?? Any help would be welcomed. Thank you
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 07:49:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

If he does not wish to contact by telephone, he can write to us. He can also include in the letter that he gives authority for you to act on his behalf and you would be able to contact us directly after that.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 05 Sep 2023 08:33:09 GMT by Carolk71
Thank you. He is away this week so I will do this with him upon his return. Tax Returned Ltd have confirmed that they are no longer representing him as I managed to get him to give them email authority to deal with me prior to his holiday. Due to an error in his email address he did not receive contracts so I am currently in discussion with them as to whether or not their contract is binding without a contract being received by post or email.
Posted Wed, 06 Sep 2023 15:51:53 GMT by Martial NGAHA
Hi, HMRC sent a cheque for £106.50 on 28 February 2023 for the Income Tax for 6 April 2021 to 5 April 2022, but I haven't received it...,very difficult to get somebody on 03002003300, please could you help. Martial.
Posted Tue, 12 Sep 2023 08:25:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

All the contact methods for the Income Tax team are listed here.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.