Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 14:51:29 GMT by Louie Fan
Hi, I have an investment accounts in Hong Kong based licensed securities trading company. In my investment portfolio, I hold certain listed/quoted companies in Hong Kong, PRC, USA, Japan and UK. I received dividend income from these comapanies and deposited to my HK investment accounts. I had withdrawn those dividend income in HK$ from investment accounts to my Hong Kong bank accounts. And then remitted to my UK bank accounts. For this foreign dividend income, does it count as from HK only? or need to separate the dividend income from its relevant countries when completing my SA106. And, whether my investment in UK quoted share thru HK securities trading company count as local or foreign dividend income? Thanks.
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 09:09:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
HiLouie Fan

This income would only be considered as from Hong Kong, as that's where the trading took place and the dividend arose.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.