Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 27 Dec 2023 12:51:48 GMT by
Hello! I've recently had to do a tax return due to child benefit reasons but I can no longer access my account due to my phone number changing. I've tried calling the support number I'm directly to but its been over 6 years since I last logged in and the information they're asking for I cannot recall. - self-assessment trade description - bank account number and sort code and the last repayment from HMRC I belive I know my last self-assessment's trade description but I have since left the bank I was with and no longer have the information of the bank account and last repayment from HMRC. - I have also misplaced my last self-assessment I did due to moving house since then. I've been told I wont be able to ever recover my account and will just require to do paper self-assessments from this point onwards. Can I not send in passport, national insurance card, birth certificate or blood to prove that I am the owner of the account?
Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 14:46:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

While we would request that you don't send us blood in the post, please write to us confirming your name, address, date of birth and National Insurance number, along with a photocopy of your passport and confirmation of your current telephone number.

Write to us at
PAYE & Self Assessment,
HMRC,
BX9 1AS

and we can advise you further. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.