Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 12:45:45 GMT by Mr Sha
Good afternoon As it is now widely known that car fuel expenses can be requested to adjust against the income tax from paye job. But I am wondering that whether the same applies too in a situation where a paye employee use buses/trains to go to his temporary workplace and employer isn't contributing anything.
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 15:51:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Mr Sha,
Please have a look here:
Claim tax relief for your job expenses
It covers public transport costs as well.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.