Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 16:13:25 GMT by tms98
My Personal tax account shows a property income based on last years figures - so my PAYE tax code has been altered to reflect this. I believe this means that the tax on property is collected before it is due I complete a self-assessment now, and would like to only pay the tax when it falls due. Is it possible to simply reduce the "other income" /profit figure in my Personal Tax account to zero, or do I need to contact HMRC to get this altered? I am worried that just altering it would lead to a claim of misrepresentation. I did contact HMRC via web chat in early March and requested that the tax were not collected through PAYE - but has not been actioned. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:29:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You will need to contact our Income Tax team to have this removed so that your Self Assessment record remains open to collect the tax due.

Income Tax: general enquiries 

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:48:34 GMT by tms98
Thank you for that reply. It's somewhat annoying that I did "contact your Income tax team to have this removed" in early March and nothing has happened - hence this question.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.