Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:27:58 GMT by Clarky55
I have just received my first pension payment on which emergency tax has been deducted. As I live in the UAE and can take advantage of the UK-UAE tax treaty in order for pension payments not to be taxed in the UK, I will be submitting a form DT individual to reclaim the tax and also to apply for an NT code. My question is: Once the NT code as been approved by HMRC, does HMRC: 1) Notify me in writing? or 2) Only notifies the pension provider so that they can apply the NT code on future payments? Thanks
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:19:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Clarky55,
Once the claim has been approved, HMRC wil send you a letter to confirm and also issue the NT code to the pension provider.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.