Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 14:23:00 GMT by Emily
The website seems to be telling me that I need to fill out a P85 form prior to leaving the UK to live and work abroad. However, early on in the online form it asks me for my overseas address. My new employer is putting me up in accommodation for four weeks when I arrive - but I assume I can't use this address as it is not 'my' address? The form also suggests they will/may contact me at this address, so I can't really use this address on the form. Can I fill in the form after I leave the UK and have my own address? I will have been out of the UK for over a month by this point. I've been running into this problem a lot, with Student Finance etc, where I'm supposed to fill in forms with addresses/payslips etc that I do not have yet and it's very frustrating.
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 14:53:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Emily,
Yes, you can wait until you have your new address and then submit the P85. 
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.