Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 04 Jun 2024 08:30:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi pratishjain17

To review/update your tax code you will need to contact HMRC.
Details of the contact options can be found at National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Sat, 08 Jun 2024 00:03:35 GMT by Jessicawng242
Hi i have a question, Im new to the tax things as i have only started working more hours. So i have a zero hour contract at one job and starting a 15hr contrat in the new one. Both individualy pay under £12570 but combined is around £13000. How will i get taxed? Do i get taxed for both of them or just one of them? And should i let both employers known of my other job?
Posted Wed, 12 Jun 2024 12:58:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 18 Response
Hi,

You would only get taxed at one of the jobs. The tax free personal allowance is £12570. We can allocate enough allowances to cover one of the jobs and the remaining allowances would be allocated to the 2nd job. As the remaining allowances will not cover all the income any tax due will be deducted. You can contact HMRC to review your tax codes using the link below:

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2024 15:51:17 GMT by Chloe Greenwood
Hi. I currently work for the NHS I have recently moved to a new NHS trust and at my new trust I have been put on a BR tax code. I have not received a P45 as I am staying with the previous trust to do bank/agency shifts. Can I move my tax code from my previous trust to my new trust and have my previous trust as a BR tax code?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2024 20:27:41 GMT by Edward East
Hi, I am currently working two jobs and I am being taxed at one of them however I do not earn enough to be taxed and I was wondering if you could help me fix this issue.
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 11:05:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Please use these details to update your tax code How to update your tax code
Posted Mon, 12 Aug 2024 08:22:21 GMT by Umair Rashid
Hi all, I am doing a job from last 6 months and my tax code is 1257L for that one. Last month I started a second job and my tax code is changed to 1024LX. Is this code will be only for second job or for both. Will the tax be deducted automatically every month or I have to pay it by myself? Tha k you
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2024 10:59:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi Umair Rashid,
It appears like the second job maybe using an incorrect code.
Please contact HMRC to query this:
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 07 Sep 2024 21:54:01 GMT by John Komolafe
I just start a new job this month, my old job is now a par-time job and my new job is my permanent job, will HMRC decide which is permanent job and which is part time job. Also my first salary in my new job with that of my par time job is about £4500. Will HMRC use this pay to calculate my tax or my tax will be based on my salary at the HMRC calendar year in April.
Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 07:45:17 GMT by Kelly Houston
I have 2 jobs. They were originally split into the one tax code and now it’s been split back to BR & L codes again. And have ended up owing a complete fortune on too little tax. Please tell me how I can get this corrected back to being split into the one tax code again? I’m at my wits end! Thanks in advance.
Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 13:27:25 GMT by Nikolay Skabrin
Hello, my wife is got a full time 37.5h a week but she started a second job Saturday and Sunday (not every weekend) . So my question is about TAX. Does she have to let HMRC know about the second job?
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 12:08:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
If you would like us to review your code, contact us by webchat or phone 
OR
If you wish to check your tax code, please contact us by webchat or via phone, see link: 
On this page you will also see a link to personal tax account: sign in or set up which may be the quickest way to review information relating to pay and tax history, tax codes and how to change them.

Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 12:37:22 GMT by Erhardt Brand
I started a second part time job with no set hours. I see now that my main job is marked as ended on my online profile( it has not ended), and my part time locum job is now my main employment. It should be the other way around. Please help
Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2024 07:50:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,
You will need to contact our Income Tax team to update your tax codes.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.