Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2024 06:05:54 GMT by bwearryyu
I came to take on a job in Aug 2023 and left UK in Apr 2024. So 2023-24 is my first tax year (and possibly last). I understand I have to open an account for Self Assessment (remittance basis as well as additional tax relief due to pension contribution). I did it three times. For the first time, I swiftly received a rejection email due to address mismatch (because I used my foreign address when applying when on HMRC record it was still my previous UK address). I amended the address on HMRC and re-apply in late April. There was not any news and I re-applied again in late May. It is June now but I am still receiving nothing and am not sure how I could file my self assessment. Could you shed some light on this please? Many thanks
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 06:59:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
If you have registered for Self Assessment but received no confirmation of your registration, there may have been an issue with your application.
To allow us to check this, and complete your registration, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.