Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 01 Jul 2023 21:20:00 GMT by
P45 issued with wrong date of birth.How can it be rectified?
Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 18:05:26 GMT by
May I add further information to my original post. The employer who provided the P45 have been informed of the wrong DOB that they put on the P45. They have been requested by me to inform HMRC of their mistake and to re send me a P45 with my correct DOB. The DOB is not even close to being correct. Wrong month and 16 years wrong. What should I do if the ex employer doesn't re send a correct P45 or inform HMRC or both? HMRC will have received Part 1 by now with the wrong DOB. Will HMRC pick the mistake up as a matter of process? Will it cause me problems going forward.
Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2023 07:37:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Minty,

Any issues regarding the P45 would need to be raised with the employer.
The details should still reach your record with HMRC even if the date of birth is wrong.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 07 Jul 2023 08:13:38 GMT by
Thank you HMRC admin 20 I appreciate the P45 will still reach HMRC. But: 1) Will the wrong DOB on the P45 that HMRC have received bring any problems for me going forward? 2) Does the Ex Employer who sent HMRC the P45 with the wrong DOB obliged to inform HMRC of their mistake once they have been informed of their mistake by the Ex employee? 3) Is the Ex employer obliged to send a new re issued correct P45 to the Ex employee?
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 10:53:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If you have a Personal Tax Account, you can view the employments that we hold on record and if the employment is shown then no further action is required.
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 14:10:49 GMT by
Re your reply on july What sort of answer is that? I want answers to my numbered questions above
Posted Thu, 13 Jul 2023 11:21:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
If the employment is already held on the HMRC records then the date of birth won't make a difference.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:14:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
They are required to issue you a P45 and they have, they are not required to issue one for corrections.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.