Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Mar 2024 12:38:12 GMT by Nella
If I incurred a loss in trading listed shares or securities, when i filled in the "Capital Gains Tax Summary" (SA108), my understanding is to fill in the loss in box 27. If I wish to set off any gains from shares trading for the tax year, 1) should I fill in Box 28? If yes, what code to apply? 2) do I need to fill in Box 48 as well for the loss in shares trading?
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 12:26:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Nella,
In year capital losses are automatically used against any in year capital gains even if it means you lose out on the annual exempt amount.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.