Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 05 Feb 2024 18:50:04 GMT by
Hello, I am due a tax refund, which I found out after I submitted my self assessment back in January. I was asked to claim the repayment and enter my bank details, but I never got round to it, and pushed it for later. Today, I noticed that the status for this refund has been changed to "Cheque". It looks like I will receive a cheque, but I am unable to go to the bank at the moment as I am abroad for family matters. How can I go back to the original status, and get the option to request a refund directly on my bank account? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 15:15:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Cynth Souvray,
You would need to contact HMRC to see if the cheque can be cancelled Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.

Posted Wed, 07 Feb 2024 16:18:17 GMT by
I left UK in Sept 2023 and submit request for tax refund (P85 form - Leaving the UK- getting your tax right). My request is processed and showing status as complete in Mobile app. I also received a letter with tax refund amount from HMRC, in letter it is mentioned that we will dispatch you cheque within 14 days. However, I have not received any cheque till now (approx 45 days now). Could you please help me on this, and tell me if I can receive my refund in bank account directly.
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 11:34:52 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Vineet Kumar,
If you had still not received the repayment then you will need to contact HMRC to review Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.