Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 27 Aug 2023 12:59:06 GMT by Peter Dalton
Hello I have sold some unit trust investments, £80,000 worth, in tax year 21/22. These units were left to me by my mother in 1994 and I have no idea of their value then nor any paperwork from probate. Where do I get the 1994 values from that is acceptable to HMRC, ie is there some official register or a format of pricing data that is acceptable from the fund managers? Is an email from a fund manager saying this is the mid price on this date acceptable? Do I have to send any proofs with the return? What exactly do I need to do to avoid a to and fro with HMRC? Thank you
Posted Fri, 01 Sep 2023 10:29:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Peter Dalton,

You can ask for a post valuation check - Post transaction valuation checks for Capital Gains (CG34)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.