Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 21:02:24 GMT by
Hi,just looking for a bit of help please I am looking to make a material pension contribution in the 24/25 tax year (for investment purposes and -as a secondary benefit - to bring my net adjusted income to under £100k to make myself eligible for childcare hours). My Gross Salary is £180k (130k basic plus £50k bonus) and I will be making an £82k contribution to my employer pension scheme via a mix of monthly contributions and a one off payment (note that I will be carrying over some unused pension allowance to do this). As such I calculate my net adjusted income to be £98k. Would this be correct ? Also, I have a salary sacrifice car scheme, would I be able to deduct contributions from this when calculating net adjusted income? I have looked at the guidance but wasn't sure. Appreciate the help James
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:19:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Your employer would report a lower taxable income due to the salary sacrifice, however you will need to check if there is a Benefit in Kind value for the car as this would need to be included in your calculation.
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 14:28:48 GMT by
Hi thanks for the response. Will add in the BIK contributions too but just to confirm, the salary deductions from the company car would be included in my net adjustable income - correct? Please can you also respond to the first question (I've added it again below) I am looking to make a material pension contribution in the 24/25 tax year (for investment purposes and -as a secondary benefit - to bring my net adjusted income to under £100k to make myself eligible for childcare hours). My Gross Salary is £180k (130k basic plus £50k bonus) and I will be making an £82k contribution to my employer pension scheme via a mix of monthly contributions and a one off payment (note that I will be carrying over some unused pension allowance to do this). As such I calculate my net adjusted income to be £98k. Would this be correct ?
Posted Thu, 17 Aug 2023 11:25:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi JamesL27,

You are correct on both.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.