Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 09:19:21 GMT by
The P85 form is used to tell HMRC that you've left, or are planning to leave the UK. This will then provide a NT (No Tax) code on your payroll if you continue to work for a UK company. If i am still 'planning' to leave and submit the P85, how can i cancel this request if my plans change and I no longer intend to move / stay a UK resident?
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 08:07:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi spelt-03-flies,
The P85 form should still be used to advise that you are leaving the uk and you do not need to submit a tax return.  
If you no longer intend to remain in the employment of a UK employer, you should confirm this on the P85.  
If you have a P45 and intend claiming a repayment, you should include with your completed P85.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 08:30:28 GMT by
Hi all, If i have submitted a P85 and will continue to stay with current UK employer (and my tax code has now changed to NT), what is the process if I were to cancel my plans of leaving the UK? How could i reinstate a 'normal' tax code for my payroll? Thank you.
Posted Tue, 06 Feb 2024 09:41:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You would need to contact HMRC to review/update your tax code:
Income Tax: general enquiries

You must be signed in to post in this forum.