Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:23:57 GMT by Rebecca E
I am British by origin, and have lived in Bahrain for the last 9 years. It is the norm in Bahrain for the residency certificate to be issued every 2 years, hence I do not have permeant residency, simply a 2 year residency which I have to renew once it expires. I am applying for an NT tax code for my UK pension income which I want to start drawing. I have residency for the period in which I am wanting to take an income from my UK pension, so I assume I will be able to get an NT code issued? The notes section of the DT-Individual Form states I just need to enclose a copy of your Bahrain certificate of residence. Which is the document with a 2 year validity. Please let me know if I can proceed on this basis.
Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 09:39:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rebecca E,
You can.
If further information is required upon receipt of your DT claim, you will be contacted accordingly.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.