Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2024 18:29:37 GMT by hoursleft today
After an operation last year that left me disabled my employer made me "redundant" the day I gave them my fit note signing me off work to recover. I owe HMRC income tax that I cannot pay and I now have no income and no job despite applying for many jobs. The few interviews I have had immediately ghosted me once they realised I am a wheelchair user. I have used up my savings and will no longer be able to afford to live and expect to be made homeless. The only thing I have is a life insurance policy that will pay out on my death. HMRC have sent me threatening letters and charged me penalties and interest that are over half of my monthly benefits. I will never be able to work again to pay this. What can I do?
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 13:58:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

I am sorry you are having difficulties in paying the tax balance due.To discuss payment plan options you will need to contact HMRC 0300 200 3382 open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.