Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 13:06:37 GMT by
Hello, I am considering selling the stocks that I gained during my employment with my previous company. 30% of the stocks were granted during my employment outside the UK and all were vested during the time I am in the UK. I am currently a tax resident and non-domicile, I have been working for the same US company in Singapore and most recently in the UK after being relocated. I am considering what to do with the money and these are the three options: 1) remit the money directly to my parents' account who are based in Singapore for their retirement 2) remit the money directly to a Singapore bank to pay my Singapore mortgage 3) remit the money directly into my UK bank My tax questions are: a) Will I have to declare the sales of stocks in my UK income tax if I dispose of the stocks during the tax year of 24/25 and the money will not be remitted into the UK and remain in Singapore? (This is referencing options 1 & 2 of the above) b) If I have to declare the sales of stocks in my UK income tax during year 24/25, will I need to include the sales of 30% of the stock that was gained outside my UK employment? (This is referencing option 3 of the above) Thank you!
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 09:57:23 GMT by
Can anyone help with my enquiry please?
Posted Thu, 25 Jan 2024 11:49:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Tiffany F,
HMRC cannot comment on future events as legislation and/or plans may change.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.