Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 13:32:34 GMT by
Hi, It's almost October and I still don't have any information regarding my tax calculation for 2022/2023. My tax account only says "Your Income Tax has not been calculated yet for April 6, 2022 to April 5, 2023" is it normal that I still haven't received any settlement so late? If not, what should I do, I guess try to reach the hotline? I should definitely get a tax refund as well because I know I didn't exceed the stated amount. I will be grateful for your help. Thanks
Posted Mon, 18 Sep 2023 23:30:42 GMT by FLORIN MECIC
Hi, It's almost October and I still don't have any information regarding my tax calculation for 2022/2023. My tax account only says "Your Income Tax has not been calculated yet for April 6, 2022 to April 5, 2023" is it normal that I still haven't received any settlement so late? If not, what should I do, I guess try to reach the hotline? I should definitely get a tax refund as well because I know I didn't exceed the stated amount. I will be grateful for your help. Thanks
Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 17:16:16 GMT by
PAYE 5th April 2022 to 5th April 2023 tax year. No income information HMRC says. If this is not calculated my Child maintenance will be based on previous years higher earnings 2021 to 2022. This will cause me to pay out more. This is where majority of HMRC information is failed and not just me but other CMS paying fathers will be over charged. CMS only go by what HMRC income information so any appeal would be lost due to HMRSC slow in supporting real time income. I need to know what 2022 to 2023 income was!!! No P60 has been received by me or sent by previous employer.
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 13:10:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Patryk Patrick,
If the calculation has not yet been issued, we may be missing some information to do the calculation.
If you please contact our Income Tax helpline we can look into this:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 14:31:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Florin Mecic,

If the calculation has not yet been issued, we may be missing some information to do the calculation. If you contact our Income Tax team we can look into this for you.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 27 Sep 2023 21:53:52 GMT by
I opened UTR 3 years ago knowing that I would start working in construction, but I was employed through the UMRELA agency. I am being charged extra taxes and I found out from HMRC that the reason is that I am paid weekly. I requested the employer to refund the extra taxes paid and I was told that having an active UTR I must submit a self-assessment declaration. I submitted the statement from which the overpaid amount emerged, but which remained unused for 3 months. I sent another statement on paper to which I received a reply that I must close the UTR, that this statement is submitted voluntarily and that I have no money to I received it. I applied online, the 3-week period has passed, the application appears as completed, but I have not received any response that the UTR is closed. Next, when I go to the personal account for the year 2022-2023, it says that the self-assessment account is being opened. I called at HMRC at the PAYE department and they connected me by phone to self-assessment. They all told me that I will receive a P800 to wait. But as I am registered for self-assessment I cannot receive it. I paid 35% tax please tell me how can I recover the extra payment?
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 10:21:52 GMT by
Mine is also still not calculated for this year. The advice to use the General Enquiries option is of no use, since the digital chat feature will not address this particular problem, and nobody answers the phone - ever. I have just been on hold for 55 minutes before having to hang up to take a work meeting. I have not heard anything from HMRC to tell me they are missing information, is there any other way that we can get hold of someone to look into this?
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 08:38:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Eden VIZINTEANU,
We would need to check if the Self Assessment record has been closed.
You will need to contact the Self Assessment Helpline to review:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 11:46:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi KIMBERLEY,

We are sorry you were unable to get through. You would need to contact HMRC to review.

Contact HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 22:12:19 GMT by
Hi, at today my taxes are not still calculated yet, I didn't receive any P60 and even my partner still waiting to receive the taxes for the period 2020 to 2021, she received only a check for the last year which is 2021 to 2022. She just received a letter for the year 2020-2021 when you says that she payed too much taxes and she should receive a check but still nothing at today. What should we do to receive our money back?
Posted Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:38:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Claudio Baldone,
If you are due a refund and not yet received you will need to contact HMRC to access your record to review.
Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 28 Oct 2023 14:32:47 GMT by peter nicholson
Same here income tax not calculated for 2022-23 but I think I have underpaid by a small amount.My self assessment record was closed in October 2022 after I requested it by phone as I had started to get my state pension.However I didn't receive my tax code notice till January 2023 due to the hopeless Thai postal system.The letter said 'if you think the tax code is wrong you can check and let us know of any changes online'Because I wasn't familiar with making changes online and it sounded like it wasn't required I didn't do this assuming hmrc would make adjustments in the new tax year.By the time I realised this wasn't going to happen it was no longer possible to make changes online.Now my personal tax account says no need to contact hmrc about thisbut I think I might need to.What do hmrc admins think?
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 13:31:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi peter nicholson,
If you have checked online and it is not showing an underpayment then you would not need to contact HMRC.
At the tax year end when we receive your final pay and tax details we review your record automatically and if you have underpaid we would send you a calculation and the underpayment would also show on your online account. 
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 13:56:07 GMT by peter nicholson
Thanks I've phoned HMRC and it is sorted already.
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 16:53:32 GMT by
Hi, I have overpaid £831 for the 2022/2023 tax year. I'm still waiting for the tax calculation and refund. When I call HMRC, the adviser refuses to give me any information. I even called the number today and the adviser was only replying the same thing for all of my questions "There's nothing I can do, you have to wait longer". I was asking if there's some information missing and if she can check but still the same reply. Can I please get any information as it is November already
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 13:28:27 GMT by
Good Afternoon. I mover abroad in August 2022 and sent my P85 online and was recieved 16 Sepn2022. I am still waiting for a reply or an update as to when my tax year 2022-2023 will be calculated. Nobody will answer the phone and I'm running up an overseas bill.
Posted Thu, 09 Nov 2023 05:41:25 GMT by
Good Morning I moved abroad in August 2022 and sent my P85 online which I recieved an acknowledgement back for HRMC on 16 Sep 2022. I am still waiting for an update as to when my tax year 2022-2023 will be calculated. Nobody will answer the phone and I'm running up an overseas mobile bill. Regards Graham English
Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 08:39:28 GMT by
Why is is taking so long?? I work in sales so often get a bonus which gets clobbered by tax which I then get back in a rebate the following year. This used to be in July but gradually got later and later. This year it's now mid November and according to my page it says Tax for 22/23 still not calculated... What's the hold up??

[ Display name amended - admin ]
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 06:28:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Kcper Ciupa,
I am sorry if you were not given details when you previously contact HMRC.
If you have not yet received a calculation and refund then we would need to access your records to review this for you.
Thank you 
Posted Wed, 15 Nov 2023 08:39:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Graham01,
You can check on the progress online if you have a Personal Tax Account.
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Alternatively you will need to contact HMRC to check on the progress.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.