Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:26:36 GMT by
Hello, I'm in the process of trying to work out my 'adjusted net come' so I can pay the 'high income child benefit charge'. The information on HRMC sites suggest the P60 will show my salary minus pension contributions. However, my P60 for 22-23 only shows my annual gross salary with pension contributions not deducted. If I go through each monthly payslip for that tax year, can I add up my pension contributions and then deduct them from the gross salary to arrive at my adjusted net come?? My employer takes pension contributions before tax. Thanks for your time.
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 07:37:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi markyB81,

The figure on the P60 would already have the amounts deducted if they were taken gross.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 31 Aug 2023 16:37:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi markyB81,
You should please confirm with payroll that the P60 figure is without the pension contributions deducted.
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 04 Sep 2023 12:24:07 GMT by
Thanks for the replies. Payroll have said that the P60 figure does not have the contributions deducted. Is this an error on their part?? Can I deduct pension contributions from this figure? Thanks
Posted Thu, 07 Sep 2023 10:13:30 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi markyB81,

You can deduct them. Its not necessarily an error on their part. Some schemes deduct the contributions before tax and others don't.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.