Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2024 13:22:30 GMT by elisam
I am coming back to this forum, because it has been so helpful to me in the past. I live far away, so cannot call or exchange via post. During a visit in Europe, I posted my Self Assessment (Residence, remittance cannot be filled online) asking for a refund because an OT taxcode had been applied to proceeds from stock options, without taking personal allowance into account. I have already done this in the past and it was all OK (also thanks to previous exchanges with you). Much earlier than usual, I have now received a refund, but this is not at all the amount I had calculated and was expecting. I haven't received any explanation and cannot find any on the website. And the challenge I have is I cannot exchange with anyone because of my location. I believe there might be an error, so I would like to be able to exchange with someone from HMRC. I really don't know how to do that. Any guidance would be so helpful to me. Many thanks and thank you again for offering this forum.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2024 10:52:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,
As we cannot look up your personal details on this forum, you will need to contact our Self Assessment team via the helpline or online using the link below to advise on your query.
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2024 07:33:56 GMT by elisam
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.