Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Getting help to review amount of refund paid

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Tax refund on Self Assessment

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Getting help to review amount of refund paid

I am coming back to this forum, because it has been so helpful to me in the past. I live far away, so cannot call or exchange via post. During a visit in Europe, I posted my Self Assessment (Residence, remittance cannot be filled online) asking for a refund because an OT taxcode had been applied to proceeds from stock options, without taking personal allowance into account. I have already done this in the past and it was all OK (also thanks to previous exchanges with you). Much earlier than usual, I have now received a refund, but this is not at all the amount I had calculated and was expecting. I haven't received any explanation and cannot find any on the website. And the challenge I have is I cannot exchange with anyone because of my location. I believe there might be an error, so I would like to be able to exchange with someone from HMRC. I really don't know how to do that. Any guidance would be so helpful to me. Many thanks and thank you again for offering this forum.