Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 22:34:35 GMT by Damian
Hi, I have commenced the process of transferring matured SAYE shares to my S&S ISA within the 90 days window(deadline is end June). The shares are to go Ex-Dividend shortly and likely before the shares complete the transfer to the ISA (they currently sit in a Corporate Sponsored Nominee account waiting transfer settlement with the iSA provider). I am trying to clarify how these dividends should be treated for the purposes of the £500 dividend tax allowance. I can’t seem to find any guidance on the 2 options: 1. As the dividends are recorded on shares when formally outside of an ISA wrapper, they are eligible for dividend tax should total eligible dividends in 2024/25 exceed £500. 2. As the dividends will be directly attributable to shares which will be within an ISA within 2024/25 (and are within a recognised transfer process), they do not need to be considered from a dividend tax allowance perspective. Any advice appreciated. Many thanks.
Posted Thu, 30 May 2024 11:42:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Shares held in an ISA are not taxable and as such do not count towards the Dividend Allowance.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.